Sunday, January 31, 2016

Digest for rec.games.trivia@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Dan Tilque <dtilque@frontier.com>: Jan 30 07:51PM -0800

Mark Brader wrote:
 
> 3. Who announced in 1865 the concepts of dominant and recessive
> hereditary traits, based on his years of experiments with
> pea plants?
 
Gregor Mendel
 
 
> 4. Speaking of living things, tamarins, uakaris, and kipunjis are
> all species of what?
 
primates
 
 
> 5. What pianist who lived 1917-82 had the middle name Sphere?
 
> 6. Speaking of musicians, from 1966 to 1968, who were Davy, Michael,
> Micky, and Peter?
 
The Monkeys
 
> title character of both a TV series and a tie-in series of comic
> mystery novels? The books were written first by Lee Goldberg
> and then by Hy Conrad.
 
Columbo
 
> called wolf's bane because the poison was used against wolves.
> Still another name for the plants relates the shape of their
> blue flowers to an item of clothing. What's that name?
 
bluebonnet
 
 
--
Dan Tilque
Erland Sommarskog <esquel@sommarskog.se>: Jan 31 11:30AM +0100

>> 6. Speaking of musicians, from 1966 to 1968, who were Davy, Michael,
>> Micky, and Peter?
 
> The Monkeys
 
I am glad to see that I am the only one who can't spell them. I was
quite sure that their name were spelled differently, but not of the
variations I tried seemed right. I was thinking that I should leave a
note about it, but then I forgot it.
 
Knowing Mark, I doubt that this correct spelling of their mispelled name
will reward any points.
 
Here is a fairly obscure read-my-thoughts piece of trivia: when I first
saw the time frame and the list of names my first thought was "what a funny
question and there is one name too few". So which quintet named after the
members slipped into my mind?
 
--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.games.trivia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment