Sunday, December 26, 2010

Unfulfilled - An Original Poem

http://recruiterpoet.wordpress.com/2010/12/25/unfulfilled-original-poem/

Unfulfilled

Looking into the eyes of another I can only see you.
From smile to toe, I am a vision of beauty to a man I cannot love
My emptiness inside is the void that can only be filled by the warmth
of your touch

Give me the strength to hold you in my thoughts
Can you see now; I am using the power of our energy and love to retain
this last breath of sanity hanging on the edge of a cliff

If I fall, will you catch me before the abyss swallows me whole?
If I close my eyes, will you be waiting in my dreams?
If I pray for your love, will you arrive with a bow?

I will continue this charade of matrimony
I will shed blood on this life long promise


He is by my side under the satin sheets but alone I lay
My heart beats faster and faster as it is torn into metaphoric shreds

I cannot escape this game of love that has become my life

What can I do?

Kiss the man whose name I have taken or rest beneath the stars that I
share under the dark sky shared by my true love

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Broken up inside too many times" group.
To post to this group, send email to yellowfeverlime@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to yellowfeverlime+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/yellowfeverlime?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment