Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Digest for rec.games.trivia@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Erland Sommarskog <esquel@sommarskog.se>: May 24 09:15PM +0200

>> of France in the coronation ceremony, and to include the
>> fleur-de-lys in the royal coat of arms?
 
> Henry VI; Henry V
 
I did not answer this question(*), because despite I know the year
the claim was abandoned, I had no clue who was King at the time. But I
know this much that was not any of these guys. (After all, there is a kind
of a clue in the quesstion that they don't qualify.)
 
(*) And nor did know any of the other, so I didn't enter at all.
tool@panix.com (Dan Blum): May 25 03:10AM

> the claim was abandoned, I had no clue who was King at the time. But I
> know this much that was not any of these guys. (After all, there is a kind
> of a clue in the quesstion that they don't qualify.)
 
I see the clue now, but that's particularly stubborn even for the
English. I naively assumed they would be slightly more sensible.
 
--
_______________________________________________________________________
Dan Blum tool@panix.com
"I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't just made it up."
Pete Gayde <pete.gayde@gmail.com>: May 24 10:36PM -0500

Mark Brader wrote:
> of France in the coronation ceremony, and to include the
> fleur-de-lys in the royal coat of arms?
 
> A2. What Queen of England never set foot in England?
 
Mary Stuart
 
 
> D2. During a competition to name Canada's first artificial
> satellite, later known as Alouette 1, Leonard Cohen suggested
> it be called what?
 
Hallelujah
 
> Royal Ontario Museum?
 
> E2. What former Toronto chef was """recently""" charged with
> selling alcohol without a license in his country restaurant?
 
Pete Gayde
msb@vex.net (Mark Brader): May 25 01:33AM -0500

Erland Sommarskog:
> > (After all, there is a kind
> > of a clue in the quesstion that they don't qualify.)

Dan Blum:
> I see the clue now, but that's particularly stubborn even for the
> English. I naively assumed they would be slightly more sensible.
 
No, "British monarch" was not a clue to the date. It would include
monarchs of England or Scotland as well as of the UK.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "... trapped in a twisty little maze
msb@vex.net of backslashes ..." -- Steve Summit
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.games.trivia+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment